Natural Skincare Solution 04£17.49£13.99 In Stock
- Not suitable for those with an allergy to the daisy or aster family, (known as a Sesquiterpene Lactone allergy).
- Should irritation occur discontinue use.
- It is not recommended to use any skincare products on babies under four weeks unless there is a medical problem (because the outer layer of their skin is not yet formed). Our products are certified as cosmetic products and so are not treatments for medical problems. However, the Zinc and Calendula Cream is deemed useful for nappy rash (a medical issue) because it will hydrate, soothe and repel moisture from the skin. It is therefore certified safe for babies under four weeks (we still recommend only using it if there is a problem that needs addressing). The Calendula and Marshmallow Balm is certified as a soothing moisturiser (cosmetic) therefore this product is only certified safe for babies over four weeks.
- Not suitable for use on broken skin of infants under three years or those with a compromised immune system. Lyonsleaf products do not contain antimicrobial preservatives to kill bacteria that may enter the jar. Do not apply to wounds susceptible to infection.
As with all skin care products test a small area of skin and observe for
24hrs to be sure there is no reaction before applying generally.
Unfragranced Beauty Balm
98% organic / wild harvest
Orbignya oleifera [babassu] oil** • butyrospermum parkii [raw shea butter]** • macadamia ternifolia [macadamia nut] oil** • simmondsia chinensis [jojoba] oil** • helianthus annuus [sunflower] oil** • tocopherol [natural vitamin E oil - gluten free] • calendula officinalis • [calendula flower extract]
Babassu oil is obtained from wild harvest babassu nuts which naturally fall in the rainforest and are not subject to use of chemicals when growing or in their processing.
Zinc and Calendula Cream
95% organic / wild harvest
helianthus annuus [sunflower] oil** • orbignya oleifera [babassu] oil** • CI77947 - [zinc oxide - non nano] (18%)** • cera alba [beeswax]** • borago officinalis [borage] oil • tocopherol [natural vitamin E oil - gluten free] • calendula officinalis [calendula flower extract].
As a cleanser:
- Apply Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm to face when dry, massaging thoroughly to dissolve dirt and make-up. You can take the time to pamper yourself, or do it very quickly if you’re in a hurry.
- Run a clean flannel under comfortably hot water and hold it over your face allowing the steam to gently lift the dirt, make-up and dead skin cells.
- Wipe away residue leaving clean, hydrated skin. Use a muslin flannel for extra exfoliation.
- Repeat as necessary.
You don’t necessarily need a toner and you may not need to moisturise. If you do, use a small amount of Beauty Balm as a moisturiser.
We recommend oil cleansing your face morning and night. Where possible use a clean cloth for every cleanse. If you do need to reuse cloths dry them out between uses. Never leave a cloth in a soggy heap, it will become a home to harmful bacteria.
As a moisturiser:
Use sparingly, as a little goes a long way. Rub a small amount of Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm between your fingers then apply to your face, massaging in well until it has been absorbed into the skin.
As a primer
When using under foundation apply very sparingly and allow a few moments to absorb before applying make-up over the top. Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm will plump skin and prevent foundation from absorbing into very dry skin.
For dry patches:
Apply to any dry or chapped areas as required, such as lips, elbows or heels. For stubborn dry or rough patches use Calendula and Marshmallow Balm.
Zinc and Calendula Cream
Apply to skin as required up to 6 times a day. We recommend to start with, use the Zinc and Calendula Cream once or twice a day after cleansing, then assess and use more often or less often depending on how skin feels. Should skin become dry, reduce or stop use or alternate with Calendula and Marshmallow Balm or Calendula Cream. Use sparingly (if skin looks white you have used too much).
Unfragranced Beauty Balm
This natural butter melts at body temperature which is why it glides on and absorbs so beautifully. For this reason it should be stored under 25°C or it will melt! The product can be reset by placing in a refrigerator, this process (if it's a one off) will not affect the efficacy of the product but it will affect it's texture. However, repeated heating and resetting will destroy beneficial compounds.
Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm may also melt if shipped to very hot climates. Please be aware, we will not replace or refund products that melt during shipping to known hot climates.
Zinc and Calendula Cream
This product contains beeswax and will not melt unless it gets very hot (45°C) if does melt it can be reset in a refrigerator without the texture being affected. (Repeated heating and resetting will destroy beneficial compounds.)
UV light destroys beneficial compounds, so store it in a dark place, or at least out of direct sunlight.
Unopened and stored in a cool dark place these products will keep indefinitely. Once opened they should be used within 12 months. Poor storage will shorten shelf life.
Unfragranced products for very sensitive skin, oily skin and skin prone to acne, rosacea or perioral dermatitis.
This set contains unfragranced products to cleanse, moisturise, nourish, balance and calm oily skin and skin prone to acne, rosacea and perioral dermatitis.
The unscented products in this set are made with pure plant oils, organic beeswax, mineral ingredients (zinc oxide), home-grown herbs and nothing else.
Traditional products for oily skin often attempt to strip away excess sebum. This often causes the skin to overcompensate and produce even more sebum, making things worse. Lyonsleaf Unfragranced Beauty Balm re-balances oily, or combination skin and reduces oily shine. It can also settle skin prone to breakouts. It is non comedogenic and will not block pores. It can be used as a moisturiser and as a balm cleanser (oil cleansing method).
Switching to oil cleansing with Lyonsleaf Unfragranced Beauty Balm dramatically improves dry skin because you will stop stripping the skin's natural oils when cleansing.
Lyonsleaf award winning Zinc and Calendula Cream can be used to calm and prevents breakouts or calm any skin in need of TLC. It reduces sebum production so is particularly helpful for oily skin (take care not to overuse if skin is dry). Some customers with dry skin alternate it's use with our Calendula and Marshmallow Balm or our Calendula Cream to prevent dryness.
Lyonsleaf Zinc and Calendula Cream has an SPF of 10.
We suggest cleansing once or twice a day with Lyonsleaf Unfragranced Beauty Balm in place of other soap or cleansers and using Zinc and Calendula Cream to calm skin as required - Once or twice a day, or just occasionally.
Please note: Extra flannels/muslins will be required if you decide to make oil cleansing part of your daily skincare routine. Use this set to trial the Oil Cleansing Method and see which type of flannel you prefer.
We recommend taking a holistic approach to the management of the skin conditions mentioned. A cream alone will never be the answer. We have collected some useful information regarding a natural approach to: acne; rosacea and perioral dermatitis. We hope these pages are helpful.
In the box:
Click on the products in the list for more information and many more five star reviews.
- 30ml Unfragranced Beauty Balm
- 30ml Zinc and Calendula Cream
- One Muslin Face Cloth (2 ply)
- One 500gsm Face Flannel
- Instructions & Information
A product of the Lyonsleaf water-free revolution
The Lyonsleaf water-free revolution is a paradigm shift in skincare. Better for you and better for the planet.
- 100% Natural - water-free means no need for preservatives or emulsifiers
- Undiluted goodness - 100% active ingredients
- Concentrated formulas - smaller pots, less packaging
- Better skin by better skin barrier
- Sun-stable ingredients, don't oxidise and do neutralise free radicals
Lyonsleaf products are cruelty free and hand-made in the UK, using home-grown herbs, by workers earning a living wage, using as little plastic as possible. Lyonsleaf are committed to an ongoing program of reducing carbon emissions, environmental impact and waste.
The packaging of this product is 100% recyclable and we only use biodegradable postal packaging.