Natural Skincare Solution 03£17.49£13.99 In Stock
As a cleanser:
- Apply Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm to face when dry, massaging thoroughly to dissolve dirt and make-up. You can take the time to pamper yourself, or do it very quickly if you’re in a hurry.
- Run a clean flannel under comfortably hot water and hold it over your face allowing the steam to gently lift the dirt, make-up and dead skin cells.
- Wipe away residue leaving clean, hydrated skin. Use a muslin flannel for extra exfoliation.
- Repeat as necessary.
You don’t necessarily need a toner and you may not need to moisturise. If you do, use a small amount of Beauty Balm as a moisturiser.
We recommend oil cleansing your face morning and night. Where possible use a clean cloth for every cleanse. If you do need to reuse cloths dry them out between uses. Never leave a cloth in a soggy heap, it will become a home to harmful bacteria.
As a moisturiser:
Use sparingly, as a little goes a long way. Rub a small amount of Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm between your fingers then apply to your face, massaging in well until it has been absorbed into the skin.
As a primer
When using under foundation apply very sparingly and allow a few moments to absorb before applying make-up over the top. Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm will plump skin and prevent foundation from absorbing into very dry skin.
For dry patches:
Calendula and marshmallow balm
Apply to skin as required up to 6 times a day. For best results use sparingly and frequently.
- Not suitable for those with an allergy to the daisy or aster family, (known as a Sesquiterpene Lactone allergy).
- Should irritation occur discontinue use.
- It is not recommended to use any skincare products on babies under four weeks unless there is a medical problem (because the outer layer of their skin is not yet formed). Our products are certified as cosmetic products and so are not treatments for medical problems. However, the Zinc and Calendula Cream is deemed useful for nappy rash because it will hydrate, soothe and repel moisture from the skin. It is therefore certified safe for babies under four weeks (we still recommend only using it if there is a problem that needs addressing). The Calendula and Marshmallow Balm is certified as a soothing moisturiser (cosmetic) therefore this product is only certified safe for babies over four weeks.
- Not suitable for use on broken skin of infants under three years or those with a compromised immune system. Lyonsleaf products do not contain antimicrobial preservatives to kill bacteria that may enter the jar. Do not apply to wounds susceptible to infection.
As with all skin care products test a small area of skin and observe for
24hrs to be sure there is no reaction before applying generally.
Unfragranced Beauty Balm
98% organic / wild harvest
butyrospermum parkii [raw shea butter]** • Orbignya oleifera [babassu] oil** • macadamia ternifolia [macadamia nut] oil** • simmondsia chinensis [jojoba] oil** • helianthus annuus [sunflower] oil** • tocopherol [natural vitamin E oil - gluten free] • calendula officinalis • [calendula flower extract]
Babassu oil is obtained from wild harvest babassu nuts which naturally fall in the rainforest and are not subject to use of chemicals when growing or in their processing.
Calendula and Marshmallow Balm
97% organic / wild harvest
Helianthus annuus [sunflower] oil** • orbignya oleifera [babassu] Oil** • cera alba [beeswax]** • borago officinalis [borage] oil** • persea gratissima [avocado] oil** • rosa canina [rosehip] oil • tocopherol [natural vitamin E oil - gluten free] • calendula officinalis [calendula flower extract]** • althaea officinalis [marshmallow root extract]**.
Unfragranced Beauty Balm
This natural butter melts at body temperature which is why it glides on and absorbs so beautifully. For this reason it should be stored under 25°C or it will melt! The product can be reset by placing in a refrigerator, this process (if it's a one off) will not affect the efficacy of the product but it will affect it's texture. However, repeated heating and resetting will destroy beneficial compounds.
Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm may also melt if shipped to very hot climates. Please be aware, we will not replace or refund products that melt during shipping to known hot climates.
Calendula and Marshmallow Balm
This product contains beeswax and will not melt unless it gets very hot (45°C) if does melt it can be reset in a refrigerator without the texture being affected. (Repeated heating and resetting will destroy beneficial compounds.)
UV light destroys beneficial compounds, so store it in a dark place, or at least out of direct sunlight.
Unopened and stored in a cool dark place these products will keep indefinitely. Once opened they should be used within 12 months. Poor storage will shorten shelf life.
Unfragranced products for very sensitive dry skin and prone to eczema, psoriasis or dermatitis
This set contains unfragranced products to cleanse, moisturise, nourish, balance and calm dry skin and skin prone to eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis.
Lyonsleaf Unfragranced Beauty Balm can be used as a facial balm cleanser (oil cleansing method) and as a moisturiser.
The Oil Cleansing Method doesn't strip skin’s natural oils as most cleansers and soap can. Moisture is sealed in and skin remains plumped all day, reducing the appearance of wrinkles. Dry skin is dramatically improved. Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm can also balance oily or combination skin, reducing oily shine and settling skin prone to breakouts.
Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm can also be used as a primer beneath make up.
We suggest cleansing the face once or twice daily with Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm using the oil cleansing method.
Please note: Extra flannels/muslins will be required if you decide to make oil cleansing part of your daily skincare routine. Use this set to trial the Oil Cleansing method and see which type of flannel you prefer.
Lyonsleaf Calendula and Marshmallow Balm is only suitable for infants over 4 weeks old. It can be used as required head to toe, to calm and soothe any skin in need of TLC. Marshmallow softens skin and hydrates like nothing else. This product can be used on the face to intensively hydrate and soften, it's great for hard working hands, sandpaper dry fingers or hands damaged for water damage and even will soften hard skin on feet
In the box:
Click on a product in the list for more information and many five star reviews.
- 30ml Unfragranced Beauty Balm
- 30ml Calendula and Marshmallow Balm
- One 500gsm Face Flannel
- One Muslin Face Cloth (2 ply)
- Instructions & Information
A product of the Lyonsleaf water-free revolution
The Lyonsleaf water-free revolution is a paradigm shift in skincare. Better for you and better for the planet.
- 100% Natural - water-free means no need for preservatives or emulsifiers
- Undiluted goodness - 100% active ingredients
- Concentrated formulas - smaller pots, less packaging
- Better skin by better skin barrier
- Sun-stable ingredients, don't oxidise and do neutralise free radicals
Lyonsleaf products are cruelty free and hand-made in the UK, using home-grown herbs, by workers earning a living wage, using as little plastic as possible. Lyonsleaf are committed to an ongoing program of reducing carbon emissions, environmental impact and waste.
The packaging of this product is 100% recyclable and we only use biodegradable postal packaging.
Suitable for vegans.