Calendula Cream£10.95In Stock
helianthus annuus [sunflower oil] • butyrospermum parkii [raw shea butter]** • prunus armeniaca [apricot kernel] oil* • borago officinalis [borage] ;oil* • tocopherol [natural vitamin E oil - gluten free] • calendula officinalis [calendula flower extract]. Essential oils of: lavendula angustifiolia [lavender] • boswellia serrata [frankincense] • juniperus communis [juniper] • pelargonium graveolens [geranium]. Note: the essential oils naturally contain: citral • citronellol • eugenol • geraniol • limonene • linolool.
*Cold Pressed **Organic/wild harvest
PLEASE NOTE: We have removed almond oil from our Calendula Cream, but other stockists may still hold stock containing almond oil - please check the ingredients on the box should you have an allergy.
Apply to skin as required up to 6 times a day. For best results use sparingly and frequently.
- Not suitable for infants under 36 months.
- Not suitable for those with a nut allergy.
- Not suitable for those with an allergy to the daisy or aster family, (known as a Sesquiterpene Lactone allergy).
- For external use only.
- Should irritation occur discontinue use.
- As with all skin care products test a small area of skin and observe for 24hrs to be sure there is no reaction before applying generally.
- Not suitable for use on broken skin of infants under three years or those with a compromised immune system. Lyonsleaf products do not contain antimicrobial preservatives to kill bacteria that may enter the jar. Do not apply to wounds susceptible to infection.
This natural butter melts at body temperature which is why it glides on and absorbs so beautifully. For this reason it should be stored under 25°C or it will melt! The product can be reset by placing in a refrigerator, this process (if it's a one off) will not affect the efficacy of the product but it will affect it's texture. However, repeated heating and resetting will destroy beneficial compounds.
It may also melt if shipped to very hot climates. Please be aware, we will not replace or refund products that melt during shipping to known hot climates.
UV light destroys beneficial compounds, so store it in a dark place, or at least out of direct sunlight.
Unopened and stored in a cool dark place this product will keep indefinitely. Once opened it should be used within 12 months. Poor storage will shorten it's shelf life.
Our award winning original Calendula Cream
A 100% natural, soothing emollient for adults and children over 3 years (see baby products here). Made with pure plant oils, home grown herbs and nothing else.
This product is a fragranced with essential oils, It is also whipped to make it lighter so it is very much like a beauty product. Many customers find this is a great product for facial use and is particularly suitable as a daily moisturiser for skin prone to mild rosacea, acne, eczema or psoriasis.
For skin prone to more severe acne, rosacea or perioral dermatitis we recommend our zinc and calendula cream and for skin prone to more severe eczema or psoriasis we recommend out Calendula and Marshmallow Balm. Both alternative products are unfragranced and suitable for infants.
- Soothes any skin in need of TLC
- Contains gamma linolenic acid (often lacking in the skin of atopic eczema sufferers).
- Excellent emollient properties
- Contains therapeutic essential oils blended to create a unisex scent.
- Skin prone to mild eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis
- Skin prone to mild acne, psoriasis or perioral dermatitis
- Skin post chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy
- Skin healing post surgery / tattoo etc
- Skin affected by insect bites nettle rash etc
Note - this is not a sterile product and it contains no antimicrobial preservatives. Caution should be exercised around broken skin or mucous membranes especially if the immune system is compromised.
A product of the Lyonsleaf water-free revolution
The Lyonsleaf water-free revolution is a paradigm shift in skincare. Better for you and better for the planet.
- 100% Natural - water-free means no need for preservatives or emulsifiers
- Undiluted goodness - 100% active ingredients
- Concentrated formulas - smaller pots, less packaging
- Better skin by better skin barrier
Lyonsleaf products are cruelty free and hand-made in the UK, using home-grown herbs, by workers earning a living wage, using as little plastic as possible. Lyonsleaf are committed to an ongoing program of reducing carbon emissions, environmental impact and waste.
The packaging of this product is 100% recyclable and we only use biodegradable postal packaging.
Suitable for vegans.