Clean and Clear Natural Skincare System£23.50In Stock
As a cleanser:
- Apply Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm to face when dry, massaging thoroughly to dissolve dirt and make-up. You can take the time to pamper yourself, or do it very quickly if you’re in a hurry.
- Run a clean flannel under comfortably hot water and hold it over your face allowing the steam to gently lift the dirt, make-up and dead skin cells.
- Wipe away residue leaving clean, hydrated skin. Use a muslin flannel for extra exfoliation.
- Repeat as necessary.
You don’t necessarily need a toner and you may not need to moisturise. If you do, use a small amount of Beauty Balm as a moisturiser.
We recommend oil cleansing your face morning and night. Where possible use a clean cloth for every cleanse. If you do need to reuse cloths dry them out between uses. Never leave a cloth in a soggy heap, it will become a home to harmful bacteria.
As a moisturiser:
Use sparingly, as a little goes a long way. Rub a small amount of Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm between your fingers then apply to your face, massaging in well until it has been absorbed into the skin.
As a primer
When using under foundation apply very sparingly and allow a few moments to absorb before applying make-up over the top. Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm will plump skin and prevent foundation from absorbing into very dry skin.
For dry patches:
Apply to any dry or chapped areas as required, such as lips, elbows or heels. For stubborn dry or rough patches use Calendula and Marshmallow Balm.
Zinc and Calendula Cream
Apply to skin as required up to 6 times a day. We recommend to start with, use the Zinc and Calendula Cream once or twice a day after cleansing, then assess and use more often or less often depending on how skin feels. Should skin become dry, reduce or stop use or alternate with Calendula and Marshmallow Balm or Calendula Cream. Use sparingly (if skin looks white you have used too much).
- Not suitable for those with an allergy to the daisy or aster family, (known as a Sesquiterpene Lactone allergy).
- Should irritation occur discontinue use.
- As with all skin care products test a small area of skin and observe for 24hrs to be sure there is no reaction before applying generally.
- Not suitable for use on broken skin of infants under three years or those with a compromised immune system. Lyonsleaf products do not contain antimicrobial preservatives to kill bacteria that may enter the jar. Do not apply to wounds susceptible to infection.
Beauty Balm only
- Not suitable for infants under 36 months.
- For external use only.
- Contains nut oil.
This natural butter melts at body temperature which is why it glides on and absorbs so beautifully. For this reason it should be stored under 25°C or it will melt! The product can be reset by placing in a refrigerator, this process (if it's a one off) will not affect the efficacy of the product but it will affect it's texture. However, repeated heating and resetting will destroy beneficial compounds.
Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm may also melt if shipped to very hot climates. Please be aware, we will not replace or refund products that melt during shipping to known hot climates.
Zinc and Calendula Cream
This product contains beeswax and will not melt unless it gets very hot (45°C) if does melt it can be reset in a refrigerator without the texture being affected. (Repeated heating and resetting will destroy beneficial compounds.)
UV light destroys beneficial compounds, so store it in a dark place, or at least out of direct sunlight.
Unopened and stored in a cool dark place these products will keep indefinitely. Once opened they should be used within 12 months. Poor storage will shorten shelf life.
A gentle complete facial skincare system to keep all skin types clean and clear
This complete, gentle, non-comedogenic facial skincare system is free from mineral oil, preservatives, emulsifiers and all artificial chemicals. Perfect for people whose skin is in need of a little extra love, especially oily skin, teenage skin or any skin that can be difficult or reactive.
We recommend oil cleansing with the Beauty Balm once or twice a day. Oil cleansing is based on the principle of 'like-dissolves-like' Our carefully chosen non-comedogenic oils dissolve dirty sebum allowing you to gently wipe grime and make-up away without disrupting the skin's microbiome, altering its PH level or stripping the skin's natural oils which can damage the skin barrier. Oil Cleansing is also perfect for teenage skin. A good skin barrier keeps pathogens out. Pathogens cause spots, fungal or bacterial infections and allergic reactions.
After cleansing, we recommend applying the Zinc and Calendula Cream to keep all skin types calm and in perfect balance. Be aware that zinc oxide can be drying, so people with dry skin may find they need to use it less often than those with oily skin. If you need to moisturise after oil cleansing and don't want to use the Zinc and Calendula Cream, you can moisturise with the Beauty Balm.
Both products can be used as a primer under make-up. We recommend good quality mineral make-up if you use foundation.
When moisturising or priming use both products sparingly, they are water-free and a little goes a long way. The Zinc and Calendula is an opaque ointment and will make the skin appear white if you use too much or don't rub it in.
Buy 2 products together here at a reduced price. Please see individual product listings for Beauty Balm and Zinc and Calendula Cream for many more 5 star reviews, different sized jars and small trial sized products and full ingredients.
These skincare products should last you about 1-2 months, you will need flannels or muslin face cloths for oil cleansing.
Always do a patch test, in the unlikely event you have an adverse reaction to a Lyonsleaf product, you can return it for a full refund. If you are sensitive to essential oils please be sure to choose the Unfragranced Beauty Balm as an option. As with the other products use the link if you want to buy a sample.
Beauty Balm Features
- It hydrates so effectively plumping skin all day long, reducing the appearance of fine lines and giving skin a healthy glow.
- It helps keep oily and combination skin hydrated and balanced to avoid oily shine
- it removes grime and make-up gently and effectively - even waterproof mascara.
- Maintains good skin barrier to keep moisture in and pathogens out
- it's non-comedegenic
- It is 100% natural and gentle
- Unfragranced version available that contains no declarable allergens
- it's made with 98% organic oils
- It is 95% tropical oils that will not oxidise easily
Lyonsleaf Zinc and calendula cream features
Made with pure plant oils, beeswax, minerals, home-grown herbs and nothing else.
Key ingredients: Calendula, Zinc Oxide, Babassu Oil, Beeswax, Borage Oil. 99% organic / wild harvest / mineral
- 100% natural and gentle
- Contains a potent dose of our home-grown calendula
- Contains 18% non-nano zinc oxide
- Perfect for skin in need of TLC.
- Keeps oily and combination skin perfectly balanced
- Suitable for teenage skin
- it's non-comedegenic
- Unfragranced, suitable for infants and those sensitive to essential oils.
- Contains no declarable allergens
- It has been certified SPF 10 with an in vitro test
- it's made with 99% organic oils
- contains linoleic acid and gamma-linoleic acid
- Loved by people who sometimes hate their skin
3% of proceeds donated to charity In memory of Rosalind McClean, long-time customer who became our friend. Rosalind's customer feedback helped lead us to create the Zinc and Calendula Cream. We now donate 3% of all proceeds from this set to a well known British cancer charity whose nurses supported Ros through her illness.
A product of the Lyonsleaf water-free revolution
The Lyonsleaf water-free revolution is a paradigm shift in skincare. Better for you and better for the planet.
- 100% Natural - water-free means no need for preservatives or emulsifiers
- Undiluted goodness - 100% active ingredients
- Concentrated formulas - smaller pots, less packaging
- Better skin by better skin barrier
Lyonsleaf products are cruelty free and hand-made in the UK, using home-grown herbs, by workers earning a living wage, using as little plastic as possible. Lyonsleaf are committed to an ongoing program of reducing carbon emissions, environmental impact and waste.
The packaging of this product is 100% recyclable and we only use biodegradable postal packaging.