Beauty Balm£14.99In Stock
As a cleanser:
- Apply Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm to face when dry, massaging thoroughly to dissolve dirt and make-up. You can take the time to pamper yourself, or do it very quickly if you’re in a hurry.
- Run a clean flannel under comfortably hot water and hold it over your face allowing the steam to gently lift the dirt, make-up and dead skin cells.
- Wipe away residue leaving clean, hydrated skin. Use a muslin flannel for extra exfoliation.
- Repeat as necessary.
You don’t necessarily need a toner and you may not need to moisturise. If you do, use a small amount of Beauty Balm as a moisturiser.
We recommend oil cleansing your face morning and night. Where possible use a clean cloth for every cleanse. If you do need to reuse cloths dry them out between uses. Never leave a cloth in a soggy heap, it will become a home to harmful bacteria.
As a moisturiser:
Use sparingly, as a little goes a long way. Rub a small amount of Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm between your fingers then apply to your face, massaging in well until it has been absorbed into the skin.
As a primer
When using under foundation apply very sparingly and allow a few moments to absorb before applying make-up over the top. Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm will plump skin and prevent foundation from absorbing into very dry skin.
For dry patches:
Apply to any dry or chapped areas as required, such as lips, elbows or heels. For stubborn dry or rough patches use our Calendula and marshmallow Balm
- Not suitable for infants under 36 months.
- Not suitable for those with an allergy to the daisy or aster family, (known as a Sesquiterpene Lactone allergy).
- For external use only.
- Should irritation occur discontinue use.
- As with all skin care products test a small area of skin and observe for 24hrs to be sure there is no reaction before applying generally.
This natural butter melts at body temperature which is why it glides on and absorbs so beautifully. For this reason it should be stored under 25°C or it will melt! The product can be reset by placing in a refrigerator, this process (if it's a one off) will not affect the efficacy of the product but it will affect it's texture. However, repeated heating and resetting will destroy beneficial compounds.
It may also melt if shipped to very hot climates. Please be aware, we will not replace or refund products that melt during shipping to known hot climates.
UV light destroys beneficial compounds, so store it in a dark place, or at least out of direct sunlight.
Unopened and stored in a cool dark place this product will keep indefinitely. Once opened it should be used within 12 months. Poor storage will shorten it's shelf life.
Natural Beauty Balm - Oil cleansing balm & moisturiser in one
Lyonsleaf beauty balm is fragranced with essential oils, but we also have an unfragranced version.
Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm is an incredibly effective complete facial skincare solution with absolutely no artificial chemicals. A real one-pot-revolution in natural skincare.
One product is all you need - use to:
- Cleanse (oil cleansing method)
- Remove make-up including waterproof mascara (oil cleansing method)
- Exfoliate (oil cleansing method)
- Maintain good skin barrier
Discover the amazing 'oil cleansing method'. Simply stop stripping skin's natural oils when cleansing to maintain a good skin barrier. Good skin barrier seals in moisture for glowing skin that stays hydrated and plumped all day, consequently reducing the appearance of lines and wrinkles caused by dry skin.
You may be surprised that many customers with oily skin report that they also love oil cleansing with Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm and that it keeps their skin perfectly balanced avoiding oily shine. Traditional products for oily skin strip the skins natural oils in an attempt to try and reduce excess sebum, but it's now known that this can damage the skin barrier, disrupt the microbiome and PH level of the skin and even cause the skin to overcompensate producing more sebum.
Oil Cleansing is based on the principle of 'like-dissolves-like' Our carefully chosen non-comedogenic oils dissolve dirty sebum allowing you to gently wipe grime and make-up away without disruption.
Oil Cleansing is also perfect for teenage skin. Good skin barrier keeps pathogens out. Pathogens cause spots, fungal or bacterial infections and allergic reactions.
Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm is water-free, so it is a super concentrated product. You need only use a tiny amount and will find it glides on, absorbs easily, covers a surprisingly large area and keeps skin hydrated for a very long time. A small pot uses less space, resources and packaging yet it goes a remarkably long way.
Made with over 95% tropical oils, this product will not oxidise on the skin and is perfect for daytime use. Great as a primer or make up or under mineral sunscreens that are otherwise often hard to apply.
- Artificial fragrance
- All artificial chemicals
- Suitable for all skin types
- Made from 100% pure, undiluted plant oils and herbal extracts and nothing else
- Abundant in vitamins, antioxidants and other phyto-nutrients
- Made with sun-stable oils that do not oxidise easily
- Contains fatty acids your skin requires to naturally maintain the skin barrier
- Allows skin to regulate itself naturally
- Suitable for vegans
98% organic / wild harvest
Butyrospermum parkii [raw shea butter]**, orbignya oleifera [babassu] oil** • macadamia ternifolia [macadamia nut] oil** • simmondsia chinensis [jojoba] oil** • Helianthus Annuus [sunflower oil] • tocopherol [natural vitamin E oil - gluten free] • cymbopogon martinii [palmarosa essential oil] • salvia sclarea [clary sage essential oil] • styrax benzoin + alcohol [pourable benzoin resin] • pogostemon cablin [patchouli essential oil] • rosemarinus officinalis [rosemary essential oil]** • calendula officinalis • [calendula flower] extract** • Note: the essential oils naturally contain: citral • geraniol • benzyl benzoate • benzyl cinnamate • farnesol • limonene • linolool
We buy organic babassu oil when available, otherwise, it is obtained from wild harvest babassu nuts which naturally fall in the rainforest.
PLEASE NOTE: We have removed almond oil from this product, but other stockists may still hold stock containing almond oil - please check the ingredients on the box when buying elsewhere, should you have an allergy.
A product of the Lyonsleaf water-free revolution
The Lyonsleaf water-free revolution is a paradigm shift in skincare. Better for you and better for the planet.
- 100% Natural - water-free means no need for preservatives or emulsifiers
- Undiluted goodness - 100% active ingredients
- Concentrated formulas - smaller pots, less packaging
- Better skin by better skin barrier
Lyonsleaf products are hand-made in the UK, using home-grown herbs, by workers earning a living wage, using as little plastic as possible. Lyonsleaf is against animal testing and is committed to an ongoing program of reducing carbon emissions, environmental impact and waste.
The packaging of this product is 100% recyclable (glass jar and metal lid in a cardboard box) and we only use biodegradable postal packaging.