Zinc and Calendula Cream£10.95In Stock
95% organic / wild harvest
helianthus annuus [sunflower] oil** • orbignya oleifera [babassu] oil** • CI77947 - [zinc oxide - non nano] (18%)** • cera alba [beeswax]** • borago officinalis [borage] oil • tocopherol [natural vitamin E oil - gluten free] • calendula officinalis [calendula flower extract].
Apply to skin as required up to 6 times a day. For best results use sparingly and frequently. Should skin become dry, use less often, stop using altogether or alternate with Calendula and Marshmallow Balm
- May contain traces of nut oil
- Not suitable for those with an allergy to the daisy or aster family, (known as a Sesquiterpene Lactone allergy).
- Should irritation occur discontinue use.
As with all skin care products test a small area of skin and observe for 24hrs to be sure there is no reaction before applying generally.
- Not suitable for use on broken skin of infants under three years or those with a compromised immune system. Lyonsleaf products do not contain antimicrobial preservatives to kill bacteria that may enter the jar. Do not apply to wounds susceptible to infection.
It is not recommended to use any skincare products on babies under four weeks unless there is a medical problem (because the outer layer of their skin is not yet formed). Our products are certified as cosmetic products and so are not treatments for medical problems. However, the Zinc and Calendula Cream is deemed useful for nappy rash (a medical issue) because it will hydrate soothe and repel moisture from the skin. It is therefore certified safe for babies under four weeks (we still recommend only using it if there is a problem that needs addressing).
This product contain beeswax and will not melt unless it gets very hot (45°C). If it does melt it can be reset in a refrigerator without the texture being affected. (Repeated heating and resetting will destroy beneficial compounds.)
UV light destroys beneficial compounds, so store it in a dark place, or at least out of direct sunlight.
Unopened and stored in a cool dark place these products will keep indefinitely. Once opened they should be used within 12 months. Poor storage will shorten shelf life.
Soothes, calms and repels moisture.
Lyonsleaf Zinc and Calendula Cream contains the same amount of calming Calendula as our original Calendula Cream and our Calendula and Marshmallow Balm. It also contains Zinc Oxide (found in calamine lotion), it is unfragranced and is a nut oil free formulation (although it may contain nut oil traces). Zinc oxide is rumoured to reduce excess sebum production (be aware some people find it drying)
It also forms a breathable, protective and moisture repellent barrier (be warned! - it's so good it won't easily wash off of clothes or cloth nappies).
Lyonsleaf Zinc and Calendula Cream has and SPF of 10.
Made with pure plant oils, beeswax, mineral ingredients (zinc), home grown herbs and nothing else.
Key ingredients: calendula, zinc oxide, babassu oil, organic beeswax, borage oil. 95% organic / wild harvest / mineral
- Soothes any skin in need of TLC.
- Contains gamma linolenic acid (often lacking in the skin of atopic eczema sufferers).
- Rebalances skin that is prone to produce excess sebum.
- Creates a barrier to protect skin from moisture damage.
- Unfragranced, suitable for infants and those with very sensitive skin.
- SPF 10
- Skin prone to perioral dermatitis, acne and rosacea.
- Skin prone to break outs.
- Skin prone to nappy rash.
- Skin affected by insect bites, nettle rash etc.
- Any skin in need of TLC.
- Any skin that needs protecting from moisture damage.
Note - this is not a sterile product and it contains no antimicrobial preservatives. Caution should be exercised around broken skin especially if the immune system is compromised. it should not be used on broken skin of infants under 3 years.
A product of the Lyonsleaf water-free revolution
The Lyonsleaf water-free revolution is a paradigm shift in skincare. Better for you and better for the planet.
- 100% Natural - water-free means no need for preservatives or emulsifiers
- Undiluted goodness - 100% active ingredients
- Concentrated formulas - smaller pots, less packaging
- Better skin by better skin barrier
Lyonsleaf products are cruelty free and hand-made in the UK, using home-grown herbs, by workers earning a living wage, using as little plastic as possible. Lyonsleaf are committed to an ongoing program of reducing carbon emissions, environmental impact and waste.
The packaging of this product is 100% recyclable and we only use biodegradable postal packaging.