Zinc and Calendula Cream£10.95In Stock
Apply to skin as required up to 6 times a day. For best results use sparingly and frequently. Should skin become dry, use less often, stop using altogether or alternate with Calendula and Marshmallow Balm
- Not suitable for those with an allergy to the daisy or aster family, (known as a Sesquiterpene Lactone allergy).
- Should irritation occur discontinue use.
As with all skin care products test a small area of skin and observe for 24hrs to be sure there is no reaction before applying generally.
- It is not recommended to use any skincare products on babies under four weeks unless there is a medical problem (because the outer layer of their skin is not yet formed). Our products are certified as cosmetic products and so are not treatments for medical problems.
- Not suitable for use on broken skin of infants under three years or those with a compromised immune system. Lyonsleaf products do not contain antimicrobial preservatives to kill bacteria that may enter the jar. Do not apply to wounds susceptible to infection.
This product contain beeswax and will not melt unless it gets very hot (45°C). If it does melt it can be reset in a refrigerator without the texture being affected. (Repeated heating and resetting will destroy beneficial compounds.)
UV light destroys beneficial compounds, so store it in a dark place, or at least out of direct sunlight.
Unopened and stored in a cool dark place these products will keep indefinitely. Once opened they should be used within 12 months. Poor storage will shorten shelf life.
Calendula cream with added zinc magic
A 100% natural, award-winning, soothing emollient for adults, children and babies from 4 weeks.
Lyonsleaf Zinc and Calendula Cream contains a potent dose of our homegrown, organic calendula with the added non-nano zinc oxide at 18%. This product can keep all sorts of potentially difficult skin in a happy place.
Because zinc is a natural astringent those with potentially oily skin can use it to keep sebum levels in perfect balance. Use more often when skin is oily and less often if the skin is dry until you find the perfect daily routine for your skin. Be sure to use sparingly and rub in well - if you look white you have used too much. We suggest you begin using it once a day after oil cleansing with a Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm and then assess if you need to use it more often or less often. Be aware this product may not be suitable for very dry skin.
Zinc and Calendula Cream also forms a breathable, protective and moisture repellent barrier. So, it is perfect for babies' bottoms, hands that are often in water or to protect fragile skin when bathing. Be warned! - it's so water repellant it won't easily wash off of clothes or cloth nappies.
Zinc and Calendula Cream is rich in ceramides and essential fatty acids which are vital for maintaining good skin barrier and healthy skin function.
This unfragranced ointment is white and quite thick. It can dry the skin if used often or liberally and it will show white on the skin if applied too heavily or not rubbed in. If you prefer a lighter fragranced product try our whipped Calendula Cream and if you have very dry skin you may prefer our Calendula and Marshmallow Balm
- Declarable allergens
- All artificial chemicals
- 100% natural and gentle
- Contains a potent dose of our home-grown calendula
- Contains 18% non-nano zinc oxide
- Suitable for oily skin
- Suitable for teenage skin
- Creates a barrier to protect skin from moisture damage.
- Unfragranced, gentle and suitable for infants
- Perfect for baby's bottoms
- Suitable for tired-looking eyes
- Can be used as a barrier cream when washing up, cleaning or hairdressing etc
- Can be used as a hairline barrier when dying hair
- Cooling and soothing
- great for all sorts of family skincare emergencies
- Loved by people who sometimes don't love their skin.
- All skin top to toe (except scalp - it will be very difficult to wash out of hair)
- Adults, children and infants over 4 weeks
helianthus annuus [sunflower] oil** • orbignya oleifera [babassu] oil** • CI77947 - [zinc oxide - non nano] (18%)** • cera alba [beeswax]** • borago officinalis [borage] oil • tocopherol [natural vitamin E oil - gluten free] • calendula officinalis [calendula flower] extract**.
99% organic/wild harvest/mineral.
A product of the Lyonsleaf water-free revolution
The Lyonsleaf water-free revolution is a paradigm shift in skincare. Better for you and better for the planet.
- 100% Natural - water-free means no need for preservatives or emulsifiers
- Undiluted goodness - 100% active ingredients
- Concentrated formulas - smaller pots, less packaging
- Better skin by better skin barrier
Lyonsleaf products are hand-made in the UK, using home-grown herbs, by workers earning a living wage, using as little plastic as possible. Lyonsleaf is against animal testing and is committed to an ongoing program of reducing carbon emissions, environmental impact and waste.
The packaging of this product is 100% recyclable (glass jar and metal lid in a cardboard box) and we only use biodegradable postal packaging.